This topic covers up each month of your baby development. Some babies may reach the milestone a little early or late and it depends on individual but 90 percent of babies do reach each milestone at appropriate time. You can consult a pediatrician if there is a lot of delay in baby’s activity development.
- Lifts head when lying on tummy
- responds to sound.
- follows items with eyes and notices. But at this time baby vision is not fully developed and may be able to see only items that are closer.
- holds head up for short periods.
- smiles and laughs
- tracks moving objects with eyes
- Holds head up.
- recognizes people.
- plays with hands and feet
- distinguishes between colors.
- Starts to sit with minimal support
- turns to voice
- first tooth appears soon
- finger coordinates well
- plays with toys holding it
- says mama or dadda
- starts crawling
- tries to move around
- stands holding support like chair
- waves goodbye
- responds to speech like calling by name etc
- understands simple words like sit , go etc
- tries to stand alone
- indicates its needs like chewing mouth or putting fingers in mouth to say am hungry etc
These are the basic developmental stages each month .